Wednesday, June 17, 2009

A quick word with D’jinee




Lade’ singer Djinee is keeping fans on their toes as they wait for his debut album to be finally released. X2 caught up with him at the Hip Hop World Award’s theme song video shoot.

Q: What’s happening?

A: I’m still working and trying to do all I have to do to keep music alive and enjoy the job and fulfil my passion for what we were brought to this earth to do.

Q: When is the debut album due?

A: Very soon; by the end of May, perhaps. It is going to be good. It’s for timeless music, because that’s what I work for. The album will feature a couple of friends and colleagues. I’ve got MI, Jesse Jagz, Cobhams, Rhymzo and other seasoned musicians.

Q: Any record label matters?

A: I’m an independent artiste and I love to handle my projects by myself. I’ve got an excellent management team on board, and a wonderful distribution team. It’s going to be lovely, I don’t see the negativity in things. I believe it’s just a challenge I need to pull through and I will pull through. Certainly.

Tell us about your Hip Hop World Awards nominations: (Next Rated, ‘Lade’ and Best Rap Music, ‘Safe’ MI featuring D’Jinee)

If people vote for good music, I think I should win. But it’s not about winning alone; it’s also about people recognising good music. Music is more than what we are seeing right now and if you look at the longevity of music, you should be leaning towards my side.

I’ve been here for a while and I’ve released three singles in different time frames and they have been a hit so you can be certain that if I release one in two years time it’s still going to be. I’m a song writer, a complete musician, I’m not afraid of anything; I just want to enjoy the awards...Abidemi Dairo for 234Next

No comments:

Post a Comment