Wednesday, February 8, 2012

I want to rule the world – D’Banj speaks from America


Nigeria’s heavy weight act, D’banj currently in the United States, ahead of his much talked about concert billed for 19th of February, at the Irving Plaza, in New York, is definitely dreaming big. He wants to rule the world with his genre of music .


D’banj made this confession few days ago, while speaking on the Black Entertainment Television (B.E.T.) network in an interview session with Dolapo Oni.

“I have played with a lot of international and local musicians. The only musician I didn’t have the privilege to play with while he lived was Michael Jackson. The next level for me is to go global.”D’banj said.

He also commented on why he’s still single, saying “it is because ‘I’m so committed to my work. Right now I have no partner. I am still searching for a life partner”.

On his forthcoming album,”Entertainer”, D’banj said the video has cameo appearances from big names like Kanye West, Snoop Dogg and Tim Westwood. He is in the United States for his upcoming New York concert.

According to reports, the “Oliver” video which will be shot while he is there will feature an array of international music superstars.

D’banj’s concert takes place on the 19th of February 2012 at the Irving Plaza in New York.
Music industry buff believe that D’banj’s New York Concert is his official introduction to the United States music scene. Although he has performed numerous times across the United States in the past, the scale and expectations for this event is extremely high.

No comments:

Post a Comment