Monday, August 27, 2012

Davido drops out of Dbanj’s London concert: apologises to fans

Davido has apologised to his UK fans for his decision to drop out of the forthcoming D’banj London Concert billed to hold today, Monday, August 27, 2012 at the HMV, Apollo, London.


In a statement released today, the 19-year-old blamed officials at the British High Commission in Lagos, for his inability to obtain a work permit as at Friday, August 24, 2012.
Davido’s American citizenship grants him visa-free entry into the UK but he would need a work permit to perform at the concert.

‘I apologize for the inconvenience and the disappointment, but be rest assured that I will make it up to you all on a future date. You will agree with me that it is better to be law abiding at all times and in every jurisdictions’.

Here is Davido’s full statement

TO ALL MY FANS IN THE UNITED KINGDOM (UK), WHO I VERY MUCH APPRECIATE

I regret to let you know that I will not be performing along side my most respected big brother and friend D’BANJ at the scheduled show of August 27, 2012 in London.

I am both a Nigerian citizen, as well as an American citizen, I carry both the Nigerian and the American passports. As an American citizen, I do not require a visa to enter the United Kingdom, however I require a work permit in the UK for any paid performance such as the scheduled August 27, 2012 in London, that is the law in the United Kingdom. I applied for a work permit at the British Embassy in Abuja/Lagos but unfortunately up till the close of business on Friday August 24, 2012 I was unable to obtain a work permit, as a result I have to cancel my performance and my trip to the United Kingdom altogether. I apologize for the inconvenience and the disappointment, but be rest assured that I will make it up to you all on a future date. You will agree with me that it is better to be law abiding at all times and in every jurisdictions. Finally, please go out en mass to support the Koko Master (D’BANJ) and have a wonderful night on August 27, 2012.

Warm Regards

David Adedeji Adeleke aka DAVIDO

No comments:

Post a Comment