Monday, May 23, 2011

Jimmy Jatt drops new single


His real name is Jimmy Amu but steadfast fans know him as DJ Jimmy Jatt. Regarded as one of the most successful disc jockeys in Africa, Jimmy Jatt has come a long way from the streets where he entertained for free to becoming one of the most sought after Djs in Nigeria.

But this is not the news. The news is that Jimmy Jatt who rocked the nation a few years back with his first ever mixed tape that featured heavy weights like 2Face Idibia and Mode 9 and following it up with another and featuring some of the best female rap artistes is back in the studios.

Showtime can authoritatively reveal that the celebrity DJ is currently in the studio, putting finishing touches to his new single. Jimmy told Showtime a collecting of songs have been written and recorded. “These songs were recorded for my new album which I intend drop later in the year but I do not want to give away the title of my singles and particularly, those that will be on the album because I won’t be using all the songs I recorded.

I don’t want those artists that I worked with to feel that I won’t be using the songs they did for me. The publicity will not be good for the album. I don’t want any problems with them abeg” He dismissed as untrue negative remarks that his last hit Too much which featured rappers Blaise, Sasha, Kemistry and Bouqui was not successful, positing that “Some of the songs in that album are only just being discovered. The album had fifteen tracks and I was told that was too much. Maybe that’s why some of the songs are just being discovered.

In this new album I won’t be releasing as much. I don’t want to make the same mistake twice”

1 comment:

  1. DJ Jimmy Jat has certainly hit it big with music as he did DJying. Big ups man.

    http://www.5slate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete