Tuesday, February 12, 2013

I Owe Nobody Any Apology For My Absence – Governor Chime



The Enugu State Governor, Sullivan Chime on Tuesday said that he never regretted the fact that Nigerians particularly the people he governs were kept in the dark during his five-month absence insisting that he owed nobody any apology for keeping them guessing throughout the period.

Mr Chime, who spoke to a select group of journalists at the Governor’s Lodge, Enugu said that he was hit by deadly cancer of the nose which he had to treat in a London hospital during his long period of absence from office.
He described cancer as a deadly disease and added that its cure was deadly too.
“Cancer is a deadly disease and the cure is also deadly. The cure for cancer is not Panadol. The cure for cancer is not these drugs you buy off the counter. By the time you go through Chemotherapy and radiotherapy, you will be a changed person.
“So I started treatment and the treatment altogether lasted for twelve weeks. Throughout the period of my treatment, I was an outpatient. I was never admitted in any hospital. All my treatments, I took as an outpatient,” he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment