Saturday, February 26, 2011

Why I parted ways with Grafton Records



Singer, M Trill and Tonye Ibiama’s record label, Grafton Records, used to be like two peas in a pod. But the almost five years ‘romance’ eventually came to an end recently.



Formerly, the main act under Grafton, where he released his debut album, Number One, M Trill said he and the management of Grafton couldn’t come to a new agreement as such, his contract was not renewed.

“My contract with Grafton ended and I left peacefully. We couldn’t come to a compromise and there was no ‘beef,’ so I had to move on. I’m on my own now,” he says.

With two new singles, Kolobi and Microfone Killa, blasting on the air waves, M Trill says nothing is holding him back to hit the top again.

The Channel O best African act and the African Music award winner says his intention is to wax music that can serve God.

“I have lived the life God destined for me and I’m content because I have an ambition,” he says.

M Trill, who released a hit single, Trilla, was also featured in Uti Nwachukwu’s new single, Once in Ma Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment