Saturday, April 9, 2011

Why I changed my name –Mr Raw



He came to limelight as Nigger Raw, but now, Okechukwu Ukeje, wishes to be addressed as Mr. Raw. Many people have wondered why he would dump a name by which he is well known in the entertainment circle, but it appears as if he wants to rebrand himself.



“I only changed my name, which I wanted to be more African,” he says. Apart from his name, Mr. Raw says nothing else has changed about him, including his music. “In fact, the change of name is to further bring my fans closer to me and my music, which cuts across all genres.”Indeed, he is having a ball, globe-trotting and making sure he dishes out music people will appreciate.

Just back from the US, Mr. Raw is ready for a tour of Europe and Asia to promote his album.
According to him, the trips abroad will afford him the opportunity to feel the pulse of his fans and followers, as well as mix freely with them. Already, the videos off his albums, Spiritual Conji and Let’s Party, are getting massive airplay. Mr Raw said that more scintillating videos were on the way. “I’m very happy and thankful to God that my two new videos are ruling the airwaves and topping charts.


More videos are coming from the album, especially End of Discussion, which I’m proud to say is a loaded effort. I’ve a lot up my sleeves this 2011.I’ve got a series of hip shows lined up for the Easter period, after which I’ll be going for a foreign tour in collaboration with my partners. I’ll keep doing my best for my teeming fans because without them there is no Mr. Raw.”

No comments:

Post a Comment