Saturday, March 26, 2011

Mode 9 hits goldmine


One of  Nigeria’s foremost  rap acts and awards winning Mode 9, is floating in the sky, as his sojourn in the United Kingdom has paid off big time.


Armed with a new management deal and scores of opportunities to excel internationally, the no-nonsense hard core rapper is not only coming home with a double album, he’s also returning to sign a new record deal with an unnamed new record label.



While the first album is titled John Boombastic, the second a collaboration with a British-based producer, Bayo, is titled Commercial Break.

Commercial Break as an album, is a fast tempo rap job, a complete departure from the slow delivery for which the rapper is better known.. But the depth and delivery style common with Mode 9 remains intact.

Commercial Break in the words of Mode 9 became necessary following complaints he received  over time from his fans who insisted on a dance hall material.

“It’s not that I have not been delivering some fast tempo beats in the past, but a guy’s gotta listen to his hommies” he told Showtime on phone from his base in  London.

Apart from the two albums he confirmed were ready to be dropped, Mode 9 also revealed that two other albums he worked on, were ready too.

“I did a collaboration with a Kenyan musician on a 16 tracked album titled Blood and Milk. I also have in my kitty another album titled Golden Era Guevera and New Era Mandela.

But currently running on the internet is a song titled Pay Attention which I released free for my fans to download”.Mode 9 who revealed that D’Banj’s Fall in Love, Bracket’s Yori Yori and all of P-Square songs were in hot demand in every part of the United Kingdom said his traveling abroad was a successful mission.
“Before now, I didn’t own a British passport having been born there, but now everything is different.
After the initial hesitance of the home office to handle my matter fast, finally I’m a proud owner of the most respected documents in the world.

The period I submitted and waited for my documents to be processed was the longest period I ever waited for anything in my entire life. It costs  me so much pain as I couldn’t return home to Nigeria last year to honour some  shows. I also lost an opportunity to travel to Germany to honour another date.

With the new passport, I can travel to more than 126 countries in the world without fear or the inconvenience of waiting for a visa” , an obviously delighted Mode 9 gushed over the phone.

Mode 9 who is expected to arrive the country anytime from now,  disclosed that “I’m only hanging in here because I’m working on an album project called Hip Hop Movement.

Already I have signed collaboration deal with some guys from Kenya, UK, Ghana and South Africa and soon we’d be ready to roll”.

1 comment:

  1. Mode mesan, 9 mode baba, mc bida, mo' dough, mode ix.... Awa fan sie. is a fan si e.
    My best rapper, eva.

    wlx

    ReplyDelete