Thursday, June 23, 2011

Kate Henshaw-Nuttal- Thank God, I did not marry a Nigerian



Marrying someone you can communicate and relate with at the lowest level of convenience should more sense than being with someone whom you will have to translate what your people say all the time.

However, marrying a foreigner to some people has more blessings than the opposite. Top Nollywood actress Kate Henshaw-Nuttall was quoted by a friend recently at a bridal shower party for one of her close friends talking about how lucky any lady could be marrying a good “Oyinbo” man.

‘As for me, I thank God I did not marry a Nigerian, they are too demanding and bossy, but a good oyinbo man will treat you like a queen that you are,’ she said.

One thing that make sense in her statement (if she ever said it) was the adjective ‘good’ she used in qualifying her man. There are many “oyinbo” men that are useless, demanding, and abusive while also there are many Nigerian men that treat their partner not even like a queen, but like an angel

1 comment:

  1. I REFUSE TO BELIEVE THAT SOMEONE LIKE KATE CAN UTTER SUCH WORDS. SHE IS FULL OF SHIT IF SHE SAID THAT. SO HER PAPA NO BE NAIJA AGAIN? USELESS WOMAN.
    IF THIS IS REALLY WHAT SHE SAID, THEN I HAVE LOST ALL THE RESPECT I EVER HAD FOR HER.

    ReplyDelete