Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Saidi Balogun’s N30 Million Movie Hits Market


Following the successful premiere of his much-talked about movie, Eti Keta, Saidi Balogun has revealed that all plans have been concluded for the movie to be released to the market on Monday.

According to him, the movie was a story of impatience, man’s futile attempt at doing things outside of the divine will and consequences involved. He added that he wanted to use the movie to tell the world that God’s ways are different from those of men.

The movie was recently endorsed by the Director General of the Nigerian Tourism Development Corporation (NTDC), Chief Segun Runsewe, because it shows the diversity and richness of African culture.

“It was indeed a morale-booster for me and the entire crew of the movie for somebody of that magnitude to have endorsed my movie. I felt so happy and humbled by the development and this will spur me to do more,” he said.

The 100 per cent Ankara movie, written and directed by Saidi Balogun was said to have gulped over thirty million naira. Reacting to the question on why he invested such amount on the movie, Saidi disclosed that he would go to any length to produce movies that would reveal the kind of actor he his.

“I am a go-getter and it doesn’t matter how much I invested in the movie, what matters most to me is the quality of the movie, the cast and what the audience will say after watching it and the lesson which the movie teaches,” Saidi said.

He, however, cleared the air on the rumour making the rounds that he had gone bankrupt owing to the movie.

“I have heard about the rumour, but I’m not bothered because my records will speak for me. The movie was proudly supported by those who believe in my work; Unity Bank, Daviva, Onga seasoning and others that believe in good movie,” he added.

Shot in Nigeria and United States of America, the actor disclosed that the movie took him six months to produce, stressing that his determination and passion for the movie was central to the success of the movie.

The movie, according to Saidi, will be released into market on June 6.

He further spoke on the choice of Kate Henshaw in the movie, saying that, “Kate is one actress who understands her lines very well, I gave her the scripts and she interpreted the roles perfectly,”he condluded.

No comments:

Post a Comment