Friday, October 7, 2011

Audu Maikori is no longer Nigerian Idol



Audu Maikori, the CEO of Chocolate City was a judge on Nigerian Idol Season I, but was replaced by Charly Boy in season II. Why was Audu replaced? Were there any problems? Mr Maikori explains.

I was very excited to be part of Idol Season I and it was a magical experience for all on board

Unfortunately, due to my hectic schedule and family commitments this year I am unable to fully participate in the show, however I am very excited that my friend and big brother Charly Boy will be joining Jeff and Yinka as a judge. Personally, I think its going to be a very exciting second season!”

Chichi Nwoko, who is project manager for Nigerian Idol also confirmed this in an email: “Audu is a member of our family here. We are proud of what he has done with the Season I Idol winner Yeka through Chocolate City productions and we are also glad for all the in-house support he continues to give. So, while you may not see Audu on the judges chair this season, you will see him in another role, but you have to watch the show! We can't spill the beans."

So there you have it. Meanwhile, the Idol Auditions hold in Abuja on Saturday, get more information on their website www.nigerianidol.com.

And congratulations to Audu for Chocolate City making the shortlist of 30 for the Legatum Africa Entrepreneur Awards!

1 comment: