Saturday, October 8, 2011

Johnny Depp admits he’s overpaid!


Depp also says that he makes "stupid money" for the "Pirates of the Caribbean" movies: "At this point, it’s for my kids. It’s ridiculous."

Johnny Depp says he's overpaid to star in Pirates of the Caribbean, for which he's reportedly earned more than $300 million.

“Basically, if they’re going to pay me the stupid money right now, I’m going to take it,” "I have to. I mean, it’s not for me. Do you know what I mean? At this point, it’s for my kids. It’s ridiculous, yeah, yeah. But ultimately is it for me? No. No. It’s for the kids.”

Depp, 48, has two children, Lilly-Rose, 12 and Jack, 9, with partner Vanessa Paradis, 38.

But he also says that there's "a part of me that needs to have this kind of stimulation to the brain."

He's come a long way from attending Scientology gatherings for $3 a meeting. “I went to a bunch, man. It was so great, it was so fantastic," he says.

He's excited about his next project, The Rum Diary, which hits theaters on Oct. 28. He was researching his 1998 movie Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas with Hunter S. Thompson when they discovered the manuscript for The Rum Diary in Thompson's basement.

Oga John am underrpaid kindly share the love! God dey!

Culled from Johnny Depp's interview in the November issue of Vanity Fair!

No comments:

Post a Comment